Wednesday 15 June 2011

books, poetry, inkwash (18)

I've now finished the Count of Monte Cristo, an essential expedition for anyone with the time for 870 or so pages. My next literary adventure, thanks to Susan, is all of the BBC's "Nation's Favourite Poems" some are already familiar, all probably should be. Paradise Lost will be after that. For a brief light interlude I've rad Jasper fforde's "One of our Thursdays is Missing", number 5 in the series of tangled fantasy time&book travel adventures. Essential for anyone aspiring to the zany side of eccentric.
My latest challenge is a short course on ink&wash, I've dabbled, but this is more challenging "you can get subtle colours" "you need to be bolder with colours" can't do both at the same time, but will try & experiment. No masterpieces yet, but I quite liked the reflections. The retired architect in our class would be horrified if he saw the buildings,it's also probably unfinished.
 I'll post better ones one day!

My next photographic challenge is in progress, 60 flower pictures that don't look like flowers. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment