Saturday 18 June 2011

60BTs: Recent Past

1         All the washing up disappearing at my Birthday party
2         All the people who came to help me celebrate
3         Katie & Enjoli joining in as well
4         A “Good-Luck-in-your-new-job” card from Carmel for my retirement
5          The feel of penguin feathers
6          Amy’s leafy plant producing a small white flower
7          Real home-grown-from-seed vegetables
8         A sudden warm spell, & my grape vine coming back from dead
9          “You’re a legend Mrs Thompson” on being introduced to the team for our musical-over-a-weekend as the costume-guru
10      All the cards, chocolate & champagne from patients to celebrate retiring
11     Meeting Amanda who I’d looked after 30 years ago when she had leukaemia, and her home-made& decorated farewell cake
12     A farewell hug from a rather quite & sullen patient
13     Bumping into a “Snappie”  (our special-needs DofE student on work experience as a hospital porter
14     DofE students finding they can
15     The young-man-next-door-to-Amy lifting the empty bin over the fence as the gate was locked
16     Finding a fly orchid for the first time
17     The huge box from Hotel Chocolat from a patient I’d listened to but not really helped a great deal
18     Matt deciding to do 25fortwentyfive
19     Clare’s response to seeing her wedding cake: tears!
20     Rosey getting her PhD

3 comments:

  1. I love those cake reaction photos -- that was one of my favourite wedding moments, seeing the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm new and quite fascinated to read your entries. I'll be a regular from now on. Quite lovely to meet you. I'm in the second half of my 70s and in my 9th year of retirement. I was a bookseller for 37 years and the store I started in 1966 is still in existence (hanging on by its toenails) and is the oldest children's bookshop in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane, it's a good name! I really like the way all sorts of people get in touch. I wonder where your bookshop was. Do look at Clare's 3BT, link above, she's passionate about books, & has never grown out of children's ones. Laurathompsonart, also above, is trying to get into illustrating children's books, so I'm sure fate found you this. Keep looking.

    ReplyDelete