Thursday 16 June 2011

60BTs: Long Past

1      
Watching the cat having kittens when I was about 8
2         Being woken by my parents to see the aurora borealis when camping in Scotland
3         Going back to Clachtoll Bay, & feeling quite at home
4         Picking up a fearlessly young bird which hesitated in my hand before flying off
5         A baby’s first cry, specially my own
6         Having  a 10th birthday party in a new yellow dress
7         Walking up to Mayfield to run errands & the shopkeepers putting it in our account
8         The butcher delivering meat when we were all out, finding a plate & putting it in the fridge
9         The orchids in the paddock
10     Watching, fascinated as our golden retriever Cinders picked blackberries without hurting her nose
11     Trying to catch minnows in the pond and the variety of wild flowers in the enveloping fields
12     Not falling off my pony going over a jump
13     Coming top in chemistry every term
14     Finally feeling boarding was friendly&familiar
15     Making some flashy diagnoses as a medical student, and being right sometimes
16     Getting the first job I applied for
17     A colleague saying “I’m glad you were on duty when my (v elderly) Father died”
18     The size and translucent fragility of a 28 week pre-term baby
19     My first camera, a Kodak Coloursnap, which could take colour, but I never did
20     The first good photo, of trees, snow and sparkly water

2 comments:

  1. I like your lists and plan to become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, if lists are popular I can do lots!

    ReplyDelete