Wednesday 26 October 2011

animation, drawings

Our animation is now on youtube, thanks Bess!

 Eat your heart out Aardman!

I also feel brave enough to show some of my drawings, these are my takes on other people we've been studying.
Milton Glaser is familiar to lots of people for his image of Dylan. Some of you might recognise the profiles.




The others are from finalists in the Jerwood prize, we have to study 5 of them, Iain Andrews did a series of purple ink&wash drawings from Tolkien, they're full of wonderful detail, quirky buildings and people, with a range of fantastical beasts. I'd love him to publish a book of the full stories. Mine is ink on birch bark, the natural material seemed to fit the strange world



These are in the style of Lottie Jackson-Eales, a recent graduate of my own Art school, sadly she's a bit better than me, but the perfect style for me to try.





1 comment:

  1. i love the animation! :D and the silhouettes came out really well too :)

    ReplyDelete