Friday 20 December 2013

Redwings, turquoise and purple.

Three treats this week, first a persistent flock of redwings Turdus iliacus (is 10 or so a flock?) on my Cotoneaster acuminatus. I don't really mind them nicking all the berries, they're such beautiful & rare visitors. I need to clean the kitchen windows in case they come back, the photos are not brilliant. The cotoneaster is a Himalayan native, but redwings aren't, they learn fast!



Second, but sadly no photo, six kingfishers (Alcedo atthis) this week, probably the same 1 or 2 as they were all on the same stretch of canal on the margin of Woking. That's more than I normally see in a couple of years, they're so fast just a flash or brilliant shiny turquoise, a colour I love to wear, maybe not the shiny bit.


Finally a reward for having fun, always good. I've visited Clare & growing brood a few times this year as it's so nice watching the little people growing up, especially when you're not in charge of discipline! These flowers arrived as a Christmas present, with a note saying "Thanks for the support" What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment