Tuesday 25 November 2014

56: Crawl, Trolls.

A few years ago I decided it was time to learn to do front crawl, in the days I learnt to swim, once you were competent at one stroke that was it. I started with breast-stroke & picked up back crawl, but never mastered front crawl. I used to go to Swimfit, where there was a coach willing to help & still struggled but something's clicked & I managed 10 lengths of crawl without a break, and not gasping for air at the end. But my breast-stroke's still faster!
When L&A were little, the railway-sleeper bridge over the ditch to the common was naturally the troll bridge, we often saw heard him but never got eaten. A new generation of little girls has found this too, they have to be very brave as it's the only way into the Gruffalo's wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment