Wednesday 8 February 2012

Snowed Under!

Nothing to report apart from studying recently, but I think I am beginning to get to grips with the things we use. Give my computer phobia, animation was an odd choice as it's the most computer-based of the choices, but seeing a series of pictures, cut-outs or models emerge from the machine moving is too magical to turn down. Of all the options it's the one I was least likely to be able to try at home. Now I have some sort of grounding, a small(ish) investment in software will let me carry on after the course has finished. I'll really miss the people though.
Clare mentioned Darwin on threebeautifulthings on 19/1/12, he features, no, stars, in my next animation. Here are some stills from it, the final version will appear soon



The story is that Darwin-the-Axolotl crawls out of his tank in the middle of the night, & with help from an old book about mythical creatures turns into a small dragon-type creature. He scurries around all night, then goes back into his book and is tipped back into the tank in the morning. 






Not quite Lord of the Rings, but we only had 2 weeks and the brief was to concentrate on adding appropriate and atmospheric sounds.



1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to see this! :D Darwin's a film star!

    ReplyDelete