Saturday 16 July 2011

secretaries, gargoyles? house

Last night I went for a pub meal with most of my ex-secretaries & nurse, they had all looked after me & put up with me admirably for 11 years. It was a good chance to catch up on what everyone was doing & see a different side of the girls, with a pint or two inside!
I'm still working on the gargoyle portfolio, but here are two odd ones:
This one was over the entrance to a folly near Ingleborough cave, and in spite of the horn & beetling brows is a well-chosen natural formation.

This one from near Canterbury looks like a grotesque face with spouting lips and another fine set of brows, but is equally just a flower and leaves, possibly the ultimate Green Man, having lost his separate identity, I find him a bit disturbing

Finally, The House is nearly finished, Amy's in residence & done a lot of the final decoration, as befits an interior design student. 



Photos don't really do credit to this. The tree was painted freehand, the candystripes helped by masking tape.                            I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment